Solar inverters are one of the key components of the solar system, converting direct current (DC) from solar panels to alternating current (AC) used by domestic and commercial appliances. It is in charge of battery charging and powering household appliances. It also stops the energy from flowing backwards, which could damage the solar panels. By monitoring the voltage, a solar inverter avoids harm to home appliances and electricals.
If you are buying a solar inverter, here are 5 things you need to know about solar inverters:
1. Different Types of Solar Inverters
In general, solar inverters can be categorized under on-grid, off-grid and hybrid inverters.
- On-grid Inverter: It converts DC to AC and sends any surplus energy to the grid. These inverters are connected to the utility grid as well.
- Off-grid Inverter: It converts DC to AC from a battery. Such inverters can power many commercial and residential projects.
- Hybrid Inverter: Similar to other types of inverters, a hybrid inverter converts DC to AC. However, it can be used with an on-grid system as well as an off-grid PV system.
2. Inverter Technology
Solar inverter has two types of technology: PWM Based Solar Inverter & MPPT Based Solar Inverter.
3. Power Consumption
Stand-alone inverter (off grid solar inverter) comes from 750W to 10kW that can run total home appliances, such as fans, tv, light, water pump, etc.
4. Shop by Inverter Voltage
When we choose a solar inverter, we always keep in mind inverter voltage. Solar inverter supports a 12V to 120V battery.
5. Shop by Application/Usage
The purpose of buying a solar inverter should be clear. It can be used in Home, School, Petrol Pump, Hospital, General Stores, etc.